Replace your ordinary presentations/speeches with fresh, inspiring
Hello, I’m Brent Filson. I have won awards and published 23 books and hundreds of articles on leadership. I've worked for 30 years with top leaders of top companies worldwide (18 years with GE leaders during the Jack Welch era). During this time, I've found that the best leaders -- the leaders who consistently achieve great results -- systematically motivate people to perform at exceptionally high levels.
Unfortunately, many leaders go through their entire careers engaged in the wrong leadership. They achieve a fraction of the results they are capable of and so have careers and sometimes lives that fall tragically short of their potential.
There are many reasons for this: time and chance, educational and skill deficiencies, demographic constraints, etc. But one central reason is that they are committed to a presentation/speech way of communicating when they should be communicating with the more effective Leadership Talk way.
Leaders who are not giving Leadership Talks are doing an enormous disservice to their job performance and career.*
When you give Leadership Talks consistently:
• You’ll skillfully analyze the deep reality of every leadership situation you face.
• You’ll have people commit to being your ardent cause leaders.
• You’ll have them become as motivated as you are to accomplish tasks.
• You’ll have people saying, “Let’s do this!” and take ardent action that achieves great results.
• You’ll be viewed by your colleagues, your clients/customers and upper management as a high-impact, exceptionally promotable leader.
What is a Leadership Talk?
Presentation/speeches format and communicate information. Leadership Talks, however, not only communicate information, they do something more: They establish powerful, motivational connections with people so they’ll take inspired action to achieve great results.
Now for the first time in decades, I’m offering a unique learning package involving personal interaction with me over the phone, one hour a week for four weeks. I’ll show how to transform the way you relate to people on and off the job.
During our time together, I’ll help you develop and deliver one or more Leadership Talks to meet pressing challenges you face.
THE LEADERSHIP TALK MASTER CLASS
HOW TO MOTIVATE PEOPLE TO TAKE ACTION THAT ACHIEVES GREAT RESULTS
THIS IS THE SPECIAL ONE-ON-ONE SESSION I’VE BEEN GIVING SINCE 1984 FOR CEOS AND OTHER TOP LEADERS IN TOP COMPANIES WORLDWIDE
In the Master Class:
• You’ll be introduced to the best motivational-leadership methodology I know of: the Leadership Talk. Just knowing the difference between a presentation/speech and a Leadership Talk will immediately improve your leadership impact. I’ll show you how a quick, simple change in your thinking will lead to your communications becoming surprisingly more effective.
• You’ll change what you say. What you will say in your leadership communications once you learn the Leadership Talk way will be far different and more effective than what you would have said had you not participated in the Master Class. That change in words will result in an enriching change in relationships with the people you interact with. Those relationships will be far more effective in terms of results-generation than those you would have had if you had not participated. You won’t go back to giving presentations/speeches.
• You’ll use Leadership Talks immediately and for the rest of your career. During the first hour with me, you’ll learn many practical motivational tips you have probably not known before, tips you can apply promptly in your job and for a lifetime.
• You’ll be guided through proven, step-by-step learning processes to understand and develop a Leadership Talk. Learning the Leadership Talk methodologies through the sequential instruction-modules is critical to developing the right foundation. With that foundation, you’ll find your Leadership Talks will eventually come naturally and become seamlessly woven into your job activities and your personality and character. You will be viewed by others as more open, understanding, and inspiring.
• You’ll learn how to be forceful – in the right way. The Leadership Talk isn’t about being all sweetness and light. Sometimes as a leader you need to be cutting. The methodologies will enable you to speak sharply at the right time in the right way for the right effect, adding an important dimension to your leadership impact.
• You’ll gain added confidence. Once you delve more deeply into the methodologies of the Leadership Talk, you’ll find confidence-builders are established. You’ll see how you consistently get people to really listen to you. You’ll see how they take the action you want. You’ll begin generating the results you need. Consequently, you’ll gain more faith in your leadership abilities and in the abilities of the people you interact with to obtain the necessary results. Confidence is contagious. “Sir, I succeeded because you believed in me,” Grant to Lincoln.
• You'll learn how to use Leadership Talks many times daily to achieve great results. The Leadership Talk isn’t meant to be delivered once in a while from a podium but continuously day in and day out. As a leader you speak 15 to 20 and more times each day. It’s in the interaction of those speaking (and listening) interactions that you have success or failure as a leader. When those interactions are driven by Leadership Talks, the quality of your leadership will be manifestly boosted.
• You’ll attain a unique, tailored, total learning experience by my bringing to bear on your unique leadership situation 30 years’ experience of writing, teaching, and consulting with top leaders in top companies worldwide.
• You’ll get proven, practical processes. I did not develop the Leadership Talk methodologies in academia but in the trenches of the worldwide marketplace. They’ll work for you because they’ve worked over the years with leaders of all ranks and functions who had to get results in the real world.
• You’ll be able to teach the Leadership Talk to others. The Leadership Talk methodologies are powerful, but their power is raised to a higher order of effectiveness when you teach them to others. You’ll learn the vital process, “cascading of cause leaders.” When your organization is saturated with leaders giving Leadership Talks, that organization is far more valuable than if the leaders were simply communicating in the traditional ways.
• You’ll develop an Action Initiative that will guide you in using Leadership Talks to achieve increases in hard, measured results focusing on a critical challenge you face. This is one of the most important payoffs of the Masters Class.
Here are a few Action Initiatives developed by participants in my Leadership Talk sessions. Speed, productivity, operations efficiencies, reducing over-production, boosting transportation efficiencies, streamlining inventory, eliminating wasted motion, eliminating defects, getting rid of over-processing, sales closes, sales leads, sales to new customers, failure prevention, health and safety, quality, training, logistics, marketing targets, new revenue streams, sales erosion, price, supply chain management, cost reductions, demand flow activities and technologies, inventory turns, cycle time reductions, materials and parts management.
In the Master Class, you will also learn:
• Brent Filson’s Laws of Motivation.
• How to get more results faster continually.
• How to better measure and validate results.
• The fundamental drivers of results.
• A 4-step process to help you begin getting increases in results the day after the Session.
• Powerful action triggers.
• A 6-way test that will drive your Action Initiative.
• A foolproof method for transferring your motivation to others so they become as motivated as you in achieving the needed results.
• The 20/60/20 rule that can change your leadership relationships.
• The vital difference between a business strategy and a "leadership strategy," and how to develop and execute a leadership strategy that can give you and your organization an unmatched competi-tive advantage.
• How to target the right results and achieve them in the right ways at the right time.
• New, robust results’ opportunities you will not have seen before.
—and much more.
To understand why the Leadership Talk is so powerful, let’s get down to the basics of your daily activities as a leader. Every day, in all your activities, you do nothing more important than get results.
Leaders who simply order people to do tasks are not as effective as leaders who can inspire people to take action that achieves great results.
Clearly, inspired and engaged people are more valuable to any organization than people who are simply responding to orders.
The Leadership Talk is the essential tool to get people engaged and inspired.
If you want to realize your full potential as a leader (and, clearly, leadership is a critical driver in job performance and career advancement), you should master the Leadership Talk.
Let’s be clear: I’m not offering on-line learning. On-line learning has its place. But the main thing I’ve learned working intensely with leaders of all ranks and functions worldwide over the decades is that each leader has unique needs and requires a tailored approach.
On-line learning isn’t personalized; and it doesn’t have the adaptability and the depth of understanding and commitment that person-to-person does.
Most of all, it doesn’t generate one of the most important learning dynamics, experience.
Clearly, we learn intellectually; but often the more vital way to learn is through experiences involving both the mind and the heart.
Your interaction with me will be a memorable experience.
For even more information, kindly request that I send you a PDF detailing 11 reasons why participating in the Master Class will be one of your best career moves.
ORIGINS OF THE LEADERSHIP TALK:
The concept of the Leadership Talk has its origins in the mists of history. Throughout history, in most times, places and cultures, whenever people had to take action to achieve great results, one thing had to take place: a leader had to gather those people together and speak from the heart.
In my personal case, I first started pondering leadership and communication when I was an infantry platoon and company commander in the Marines. I saw there were leaders whom the troops would die for, and I also saw there were other leaders whom the troops wanted to have die for them! I wondered what made that difference in those leaders.
The answers didn't start to come to me until as a civilian I was brought into Jack Welch's General Electric on July 5, 1984 to write a single speech for an executive.
He needed to get employees deeply engaged in executing Welch’s historic changes. Till then, I had written and published many books but never a speech.
I remembered when my small-unit leaders in the Marines were giving battle orders. They didn't use PowerPoint! They spoke from the heart about what was authentic and what was effective.
I wrote from that lightning-in-a-bottle perspective. I spent the next six years working round the clock, practically seven days a week, writing for that executive and many scores of other GE leaders. I called the communications Leadership Talks.
Since then by continuously improving the Leadership Talk through having it be employed daily over the decades by leaders of all ranks and functions worldwide, I've brought the Talk to a much higher order of effectiveness.
Yes, It emerges from timeless concepts, but it is also as fresh and new in terms of meeting the challenges of today's global marketplace as this morning's headlines.
Along the way, I have written books, articles, and study guides on the Leadership Talk methodologies and developed special courses to teach those methodologies to leaders of all ranks and functions in organizations worldwide.
The Master Class includes:
• All course materials(sent as PDFs)
• My two books on the Leadership Talk. The prized Leadership Talk wallet card. In an airport, I bumped into a top GE leader I had not seen since he had been through my Leadership Talk seminar a decade before. He pulled out his Leadership Talk wallet card and said he used it every day. He was now the CEO of a manufacturing corporation and told me the Leadership Talk was essential to his quick, career advancement.
• My free consultation on your Leadership Talk activities for three months after the final session. This can be worth hundreds if not thousands of dollars.
The Master Class comes with a money-back guarantee. If after applying the Leadership Talk methodologies and executing the Action Initiative you developed with my help, you do not change the way you think and talk and act as a leader, and so become more effective in your leadership activities, I will refund your money up to 30 days following the final session.
Sign up; get my e-book, 7 Steps to Leadership Mastery and my bi-weekly Leadership Talk tips.
Customarily, I charge $3,000 to $5,000 for CEOs and other top leaders to participate in the Master Class. But since I aim to spread the word about the Leadership Talk to leaders of all ranks and functions worldwide, I am giving a special discount to the first 50 charter members who sign up for the Master Class. For this charter membership the cost is $1,500.
GETTING STARTED: Make no payments now. First, talk briefly with me. This is a case of “many are called, few are chosen.” I don’t take everyone who wants to participate. Over the years, I’ve come to tell if the Leadership Talk will or will not work for individuals. Let’s first see if you are right for the Master Class.
To schedule, kindly e-mail me at email@example.com, "Please send link," and I will send you a link that allows you to book directly into my private calendar.
Founder & President
The Filson Leadership Group, Inc.
30 Years Helping Leaders Get Outstanding Results Every Day
*This doesn’t mean one should never give presentations. After all, presentations are about formatting and communicating information, which is an important aspect of leadership activities.
I learned about leadership as a Marine Corps rifle platoon and company commander. As a civilian, I have, during the past 30 years, helped thousands of leaders of all ranks and functions worldwide boost their leadership effectiveness.
Working with some of the top companies in the world, I have developed motivational leadership strategies, processes and skill sets, and created and instituted leadership educational and training programs.
I am the author of 23 books (more than a million copies sold) and hundreds of articles on leadership. My leadership books and articles have been featured in more than 200 magazines and newspapers. I have been interviewed on nearly 200 radio programs, discussing his leadership processes.
My latest books are, The Leadership Talk: The Greatest Leadership Tool and 101 Ways To Give Great Leadership Talks. The book was a finalist in Foremost Magazine’s National Book Awards of, and it won the Independent Publishers national award for “best business/personal growth” book.
Besides having lectured about the Leadership Talk at MIT Sloan School of Management, Columbia Universi-ty, Wake Forest, Villanova, Williams, Middlebury, I’ve also brought the methodology to leaders in these or-ganizations: Abbott, Ameritech, Anheuser-Busch, Armstrong World Industries, AT&T, BancOne, BASF, Bell Atlantic, BellSouth, Betz Laboratories, Bose, Bristol-Meyers Squibb, Campbell Sales, Canadian Government, CNA, DuPont, Eaton Corporation, Exelon, First Energy, Ford, General Electric, General Motors, GTE, Her-shey Foods, Houghton Mifflin, IBM, Merck, Miller Brewing Company, NASA, PaineWebber, Polaroid, Price Waterhouse, Roadway Express, Sears Roebuck, Spalding International, Southern Company, Unilever, UPS, Union Carbide, United Dominion Industries, U.S. Steel, Vermont State Police, Warner Lambert — and more.
“The term ‘leadership’ means different things to different people. Brent's approach to Action Leadership is very specific and can be a powerful tool to obtain specific results. I have applied his tools and techniques in multiple companies and on multiple continents and found universal results. In my latest assignment I applied his principles to help improve operating margin by over 30 margin points. --Paul Conroy, Business General Manager - Honeywell Europe
“In a 360-degree process that I went through three years ago my peers recommended that I get out in front of audiences more often. They suggested to me that I had good ideas but I needed to share them. I worked through Brent's methodology and it changed my approach completely. What he teaches is simple yet profound in its implications. We need to motivate people to choose to be our cause leaders, not have people simply do things. Instead of telling people what you know and want them to do, we need to understand their motivation, tap their emotion, and enlist them as cause leaders to share a dream. I keep Brent's card in my wallet to remind me of the steps in the process. Every Leadership Talk that I give follows this process. I recently used this process to enlist the support in a campaign for corporate giving. As a result we increased the employee participation and realized an increase in the giving rate per employee by 10%. His approach had a positive impact on the results. —David Goodnight, Vice President, Asia/Pacific & Latin America, Lexmark International
"The interesting thing about Brent Filson’s leadership methodologies is that they recast the way you think about things; and on a deep and powerful and gentle way, they change the way you do your job." — Laura Arling, General Director of New Business, John Hancock
“Brent Filson is one of the most talented communicators in the world. If you want to learn to motivate two, two hundred or two thousand people to take action for results, his lectures and seminars are a must!” —Joseph Mancuso, CEO of the Center for Entrepreneurial Management.
“There’s no doubt, Brent, that your program was one of my professional defining moments.” ----Lee Feinberg, Senior Vice President, Paine Webber Financial Services.
"In my work with many cultures in many countries all over the world during the past two decades, I have encountered myriads of leaders and leadership programs — but Brent's methodologies are really special. He not only focuses on having leaders consistently get actual results (not just talk about getting results); but his methodologies have people become engaged in profoundly human ways. Furthermore, he makes leadership and getting results a true joy!" -- Dr. Jeanne-Marie Col, Dept of Economic & Social Affairs, the United Nations.
“Brent Filson doesn’t just teach you how to lead. He inspires you to do it!” —Duncan Maxwell Anderson, Senior Editor, Success Magazine.
“Brent Filson's 'Three Trigger Motivational Process' makes the Leadership Talk all the more concrete. I keep and refer to the wallet card frequently to keep me on course. His two-day intensive is a winner!” —Mark Goldman, Office of Career Development and Employee Work Life, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
"I've been using Brent Filson's methodologies for more than seven years. And they get results! They not only get results on a tactical level but a strategic level too." — Richard Brown, President & Global General Manager, General Electric.
"Brent Filson's leadership methodologies continue to be foremost in helping me get far more results at our power generating organization-- and get those results in the best possible ways, by establishing an environment by which people at all levels are continually motivated to do their best.” —Ashton Harrilal, Supervisor, Powergen, Trinidad, West Indies.
“You’ve done a great job working with our executives during our sales, marketing, technology and manufacturing meetings, Brent. In getting to the heart of the objectives and needs of every one of our divisions, you’ve helped our executives become much better communications and leaders and helped the businesses get more results.” —Helen Casey, General Electric Meeting Planner
“Brent Filson’s expertise in communication, writing, speaking and coaching has been of tremendous benefit to me during our sales meetings.” — Ray Shepard, former CEO of Houghton Mifflin School Division.
“Your books are excellent! You offer all sorts of intriguing ideas which I have not seen in any other books on the subject. Bravo!” — Richard Jacobs, Vice President of Executive Communications, The Prudential Insurance Company of America
“One of the key components of Brent’s methodologies is their tremendous value in driving monumental change through the leadership of others in the matrix supporting your cause. The actions of developing cause leaders has allowed ordinary teams in my organization to achieve extraordinary results.” —Robert Cancalosi, Global General Manager, General Electric Medical
“Many thanks, Brent, for your vision, direction and skill. It was a growth experience working with you!” — John Quinn, president of General Electric Plastics, Canada.
"Brent Filson knows how to help others get results! His programs are proven in a variety of settings including industry, government, non-profit and the military proving that the way he practices and coaches leadership can work for any organization willing to invest the time and energy necessary to influence their people to produce at their highest productivity levels.”
—Joe Javorski, Director, Worldwide Staffing, Analog Devices
“The Leadership Talk is right on target! In my many years as an Army officer and later as a manager at GE, I knew that effective and motivating oral communications was one of the major keys to success in making your numbers, motivating very smart professionals, hiring future stars, and 360 communications.” – Phil Poe, GE executive
“I would like to take this moment and thank you from the bottom of my heart for allowing the retreat to be exposed in our world....God bless you all … it has been an experience that will be with me and I will always be grateful for. My meeting this past week with QVC and infomercial owners was always with the thought of Brent's teachings' in mind. It made a world of difference and my focus was certainly genuinely on how can I support the success of these people with the information and product that I supply. It's an honor to be a part of your endeavor.”--Judy Taylor, President, Life Source International, LLC
“Your leadership classes are one of the highlights of my professional career! I still talk about my defining moment! It will be with me always because of you. Blessings!” Gael Hanaeur, Director, Human Resources, Sears Roebuck & Company
Leaders: Boost your job performance and accelerate your career advancement by doing one, simple thing: